The Pentalia village is located in the Paphos district, about 6 kilometres north of Amargeti village, at an altitude of 799 metres above the surface of the sea.
It is a very small village but it is well known for the Panagia tou Sinti Monastery (Greek: Παναγία του Σίντη). The Monastery is dated to the 16th century and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The monastery received a Europa Nostra award in 1997 for its restoration and conservation.
Over the years the residents became fewer and fewer, starting off with over four hundred residents in 1946, and continuing that through 1960. However twenty years later the number of residents dropped to less than half of the number leaving with 183.
Ten years later the number dropped to half again, while in 2001 the last number of residents were 74.
Pentalia Village - Paphos photos:
Pentalia Village - Paphos location map: